Please be aware of any formal notices by the Examinations Office
- Credit transfer is only possible for courses at the University of Cologne which are included in the Cologne Examinations Regulations valid at the time of the examinations taken abroad or of the credit points being transferred.
- Credit transfer applications must be made within three months of receiving the certificate from the partner university, upon returning from the exchange and / or as part of the admissions process. Applications made after any of these dates will not be considered.
- Credit transfer applications are final. Subsequent applications will not be considered.
- Credit transfer is not possible for courses already assessed (passed or failed) at the WiSo Faculty at the time of the application.
- As soon as the credit transfer has been approved as part of a bachelor's programme (minor, major or specialisation) or master's programme (minor), the chosen group, minor or specialisation at bachelor's level or minor at master's level is considered binding. This also applies to credit transfer in an elective module of a diploma degree.
- Transcripts of records or certificates from the partner university must be submitted to the International Relations Center in German or English. If the partner university is unable to issue such a document, you must submit a certified translation of the original transcript or certificate.
- If you intend to apply for credit transfer in the Studium Integrale and / or the specialisation 'Studies Abroad', please include information about the courses you take abroad in your application. This must explain the material covered in the course and the form of examination. If you apply for credit transfer in the Studium Integrale from a university that is not a partner of the WiSo Faculty or from a university that does not offer ECTS points, you must provide proof of equivalent study workload. All certificates must be submitted in German or English. If the university abroad is unable to issue such documentation, you are required to submit a certified translation of the original.
Please note: Should the English translation differ from the German original, the German version is binding.