The final application can be made by Cologne students at other German universities or at universities abroad, or by students that have had a study level assessment. Please be aware of any formal notices by the Examinations Office.
- Cologne students studying abroad can submit their final application upon receipt and presentation / confirmation of their transcript of records at the International Relations Center.
- Cologne students who have previously studied at another German university must submit their application at the WiSo Faculty when requesting admission to the exams. All credits and failed attempts at other German universities will be taken into account where possible. For more information from the Examinations Office please click here. We will happily provide advice during our office hours.
- After registering for a study level assessment by the Examinations Office, external students will be requested to submit an application for credit transfer through us.
1. Create and submit application
Credit transfer applications for courses already completed abroad can be created and submitted directly via this website.
Please log in here to start your application.
- Only for applications after study abroad: If you applied for pre-credit transfer before your study abroad, please declare your ID in the remark field.
2. Submit application and supporting documents
You will receive an email confirmation once you have submitted the application online. Please print and sign the PDF document that is attached to the email.
- If you have studied abroad, you must include all grade transcripts and certificates. As a student at one of the WiSo Faculty's partner universities, you will receive a certified copy of your transcript of records from the International Relations Center for your application. As a 'freemover' please present your original transcript of records at the International Relations Center and you will be provided a certified copy. The original transcripts of records or certificates from the partner university must be presented to the International Relation Center in German or English. If the partner university is unable to issue such a document, a certified translation of your original transcripts must be submitted. Finally, please hand in the signed application form with the certified documents in paper form.
- If you only have printed transcripts from your host university you can also submit these with your application. It is not necessary to hand in the requested evidence in person.
- Any other certificates are not required for students from other German universities. Please hand in the signed application form and, if necessary, evidence for courses attended in paper form. It is not necessary to hand in the requested evidence in person.
At this point your application will be processed.
3. Hand in supporting evidence if necessary
We will contact you if we require any further supporting evidence. Please provide this evidence within two weeks, either by sending it via email or post, or by posting it in our letter box next to Room 1.11 in the WiSo building. It is not necessary to hand in the requested evidence in person.
Handing in all the necessary evidence with your application significantly reduces the time we will need to process it. Please check our FAQs for information on what supporting evidence we need from you and how / where to obtain it.
4. Wait for feedback
Once we have received all the required evidence, we will consider your application as soon as possible and make our recommendations to the Examinations Office. You can find the criteria on which we base our recommendation on this website. As a final step, the Examinations Office will inform you of successful credit transfer.
5. Collect supporting evidence if applicable
If you were requested to provide supporting evidence (e.g. books or transcripts), you must collect your documents from our office. Photocopies will not be returned. Please collect your documents during our office hours within three months of our recommendation.