Information about the different credit transfer options is available in this section.

Please contact us if you have any further questions. We are here to help.


As a student at the University of Cologne planning to study abroad during the next semester, you can hand in a pre-application for credit transfer for most courses before going abroad. Further information about individual course credits is available in the section on pre-credits.

‘Studies abroad’ modules and courses in the 'Studium Integrale' cannot be considered in advance. For more information on the requirements of 'en-bloc' credits please click here.


If you are a student at the University of Cologne and have already studied abroad or at another German university, please visit the section on final credit transfer.


If you are not yet enrolled at the University of Cologne and would like to secure a university place through a study level assessment, please first contact the relevant Examinations Office (bachelor's level) or Admissions Board (master's level). You will only be able to submit an application after you have been invited to do so and received the necessary information. Further information on the process that follows is available here.


Please be aware of any formal notices by the WiSo-Examinations Offices.

Log in